Q: my engine went out in m camaro and im wondering could i ut a 5.3l engine out of a tahoe or silverado or impala ss in replace

my engine went out in m Camaro and I'm wondering could i use a 5.3l engine out of a Tahoe or Silverado or Impala SS in replace of the v6 engine and what all will i need to get and what all will i have to change in order for it to work i don't want to put another v6 in it but f i do will any v6 out of any kind of chevy work in it?

A: Hello, thanks for your question about your ...

Hello, thanks for your question about your 2011 Camaro. To replace your existing engine, interchanges include the 2010 Camaro and the 2010-2011 Cadillac CTS. If you use a larger engine, which of course is heaver, you will have to modify the vehicle's suspension. Also, the PCM and your vehicle's electrical harness would not be compatible. It is relatively easy to just repair your existing engine or put in a re-manufactured engine compared to installing an engine from another model.