Q: Checking new alternator.

Alternator was replaced, as needed, one day later, engine lite goes back on. So, I am afraid to drive it, Ive been stuck at on the freeway with this issue once. Heck I'm not sure if the new alternator has failed, or if there is something else. I have standard idiot gages, so there is no data other than "General Fail".

You should have a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you so you do not have to worry about getting stranded on the road with a dead system. Have the engine light on inspected. by the mechanic to test the systems to see if the new alternator is charging correctly or there is another electrical cause for the light to come on. You may have a defective alternator.

3. Checking new alternator.