Q: 93 ford explorer is bucking.

asked by on March 03, 2017

Truck starts bucking at about 2000 rpm ease off throttle it regains power and runs good cel codes,172,173,176,177 have tried koer test and it gives code 411 ,fuel pressure 30psi at idle regulator has been replaced ,all of this happen we after sitting for about a week,the flex plate had to be vreplaced L

Spark Plugs Replacement $98.11 - $669.97 Get a Quote
Car is hesitating and bucking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and the ignition coils and see if they are working. Check for spark on all of the cylinders and see if the spark is good. If the spark is good, then I recommend replacing the spark plugs. If the spark is weak, then replace the spark plug wires and recheck for the spark. If the spark is still weak, then one or more ignition coils may have malfunctioned and needs replaced. The codes are coming up for a fuel trim issue and the system being rich, which means that the fuel is not burning on one or more cylinders. If the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and ignition coils are all working good or they are new and the symptom still remains, then one or more fuel injectors are leaking.

If you need further assistance with your engine bucking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr