Q: check engine light and VSA light and also the triangle with a quotation mark in the middle is on in my car what does this mean

asked by on September 17, 2017

I just got brakes and roaders put on my car all the way around. so then the next day when I got in my car and started to drive my check engine light came on plus the VSA LIGHT CAME ON PLUS A TRIANGLE WITH A QUOTATION MARK IN THE MIDDLE ALSO CAME ON... So now when I drive its like my car don't want to go??? I don't know whats wrong with my car

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

On cars made in this century, all the control systems are integrated and are always talking to each other. So when something goes wrong in one system, it effects other systems and you get warning lights from everybody. Sometimes this will make a single small problem look like your car is falling apart. My guess is there was a wheel speed sensor that was either left disconnected or was damaged during the brake job. That will bring up an ABS light for the Antilock Brakes. The Vehicle Stability System also uses the same wheel speed sensors, so the VSA light will also come up. The Triangle is a master warning light that comes on with any others just to get your attention. I’m not sure about the Check Engine Light, but if the ABS is not sending a vehicle speed signal to the engine controller, then you will get a CEL. A scan will tell you for certain. So it’s possible that you could put out all these lights with one repair. Of course the car needs to be scanned by the appropriate equipment to tell for sure. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Honda and advise you as to the solution.