Q: Jeep Liberty ABS brakes?

asked by on June 19, 2016

I just broke off one of the lug studs on the front passenger side of my 2003 Jeep Liberty. I am looking at wheel bearing/hub assemblies, and I'm given two options: with ABS brakes, and without ABS brakes. Looking in the fuse box under the hood, I see all the fuses and relays for the ABS system, but when I look at the hub assembly currently on my jeep, it does not have the wire and harness coming off of it and up to the engine compartment. I found an empty wire harness in the engine compartment near where the ABS harness should be, but it looks to be shaped differently than the harness that is on one of the parts I'm looking at ordering. My question is...what should I do? Get the assembly without the ABS harness, or get the one with the harness?

Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When you start your car or turn on the key do you have a yellow light that says ABS in it? If you do then you have ABS and you should order the hub with ABS. If an ABS light doesn’t appear then you will not have to order the ABS hub. Another way to make sure is to check the hub and if you see any wires going to it you have ABS.

If you need assistance with these checks, feel free to contact a qualified mechanic who can diagnose your brake system and help you with any repairs that are necessary.