Q: Car turns over, but won't keep running

When the interior lights went out, my uncle checked the wrong fuse box and now the car won't start. He found the right fuse, but it’s on the fuse box inside the car. He changed it and now the interior lights are working just fine. He also checked all the fuses under the hood and they are good. Now, the car will turn over but it will not keep running. What do you suggest we do next?

Hello there. It sounds like there may have been something that happened when one of the fuses was checked. When checking the fuses, if any were removed and put back into the wrong spot, it may cause this sort of issue. Fuses for the ignition system, fuel system, and starting system would be the most likely culprits in this scenario. Another less likely possibility is that something was shorted in the wiring. Finally, it is also possible that a completely separate issue is causing the problem. If you are having trouble with this, you can enlist a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your vehicle’s inability to stay running and perform any repairs that are required.