I have a overheating problem but I have already changed m...

Q: I have a overheating problem but I have already changed my water pump and thermostat and had it checked for a blown head gasket

asked by on July 24, 2017

I changed my water pump and thermostat and I'm still having a overheating problem radiator is good and headgasket is good what else could it be

If you do not have a blown headgasket and have a new water pump and thermostat then you must have a blockage in parts of the radiator or the cooling fan or fan clutch is defective. Check fan clutch is locking fan up when hot to the point when engine is off the fan cannot be spun more than a 1/4 turn when you try and spin the fan blade and it has heavy resistance. If it spins easy then replace fan clutch. If it works okay then check the radiator in different spots on the surface of the fins and feel for colder spots indicating no coolant is flowing through those fins. I you have colder spots then replace or flush radiator.