Q: My 06 PT Cruiser will not start and the Check Engine Light is on. It turns but will not start, what does this mean?

My 2006 pt cruiser will Not start, it turns but will not start and the check engine light is on, I just got an oil change and I haven't been having problems with the car nor have the check engine light been on until now.

Hello - first task is to determine what problem codes are set with the Check Engine Light. It is possible this is a problem with the wireless control module being "locked up". There is a Chrysler technical service bulletin (232597) that addresses the fix for this condition.

Removing the battery cable for a minute or two, then reconnecting the cable will provide temporary starting to get you to the dealer. It is also possible that this no-start condition is caused by a failed crankshaft position sensor.

Get the problem codes read for faster diagnosis. I would recommend having a Check Engine Light inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My 06 PT Cruiser will not start and the Check Engine Light is on. It turns but will not start, what does this mean?