$124.62 - $450.29
P008A code definition
The P008A code indicates that the fuel pressure is below the specification for the supply needed for the vehicle to operate.
What the P008A code means
A P008A code is a generic OBD-II code that appears with a low pressure fuel system reaches levels that are too low or readings that are out of tolerance. Generally, it means that fuel has entered into the system and sent a false signal.
What causes the P008A code?
The P008A code may occur for several reasons, including:
- The vehicle ran out of fuel before the code appeared
- Faulty low-side fuel pressure sensor
- Problems with the fuel pump, fuel pump control module, or fuel filter
What are the symptoms of the P008A code?
The P008A code is often accompanied by the check engine light and multiple codes. There may be an oxygen sensor code or codes indicating that the vehicle is running rich or lean. The vehicle can also misfire because of fuel conditions, and it may run rough or experience an inability to accelerate.
How does a mechanic diagnose the P008A code?
The P008A is diagnosed using several steps:
- The technician must be sure that the vehicle did not run out of gas at the time the code was created.
- They will use the scanner to capture freeze frame data and all related codes.
- They will check the sensor and measure the pressure in the supply lines indicates if the sensor is bad.
What repairs can fix the P008A code?
The most common repairs used to address the P008A code are:
- Checking the diagnostic data and freeze frame to be sure that there is not a P1250 code that would mean the issue was low or no fuel and not a sensor malfunction.
- Replacing the low side fuel pressure sensor and clearing the fault codes. Rerunning the diagnostics is needed to determine if the code is gone.
- It is important to wait to run diagnostics or do any replacement of other fuel system components such as the fuel filter, pump control module, or fuel pump until the diagnostics on the low-side sensor.
Need help with a P008A code?
YourMechanic offers certified mobile mechanics who will come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your vehicle. Get a quote and book an appointment online or speak to a service advisor at 1-800-701-6230.
Schedule Brake Pad Replacement
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Brake Pad Replacement. Yourmechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7 days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 10k cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews... LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING