Q: Transmission

asked by on August 30, 2017

was driving and car started to dragging so i pull over and park while the car was idling, changed gear to move but transmission wont engage , tried all the gears and reverse too nothing, the level do change but car won't move. I cut the car off and started it again and the transmission engaged again perfectly and smoothly.. I was able to drive home no jerking , knocking or anythings.. But am worried what may have caused this issue so i know what to do before it get really bad.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your car has an electronically controlled transmission, so whatever occurred will have left traces in the form of trouble codes in the transmission control module. These codes can be read and interpreted by a technician with the appropriate equipment. The generic scanners used by the auto parts stores will not do the trick in this case. I wouldn’t recommend driving the car until you have this checked out because you may be stranded. You can have this checked out at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your transmission problem and let you know what it will take to solve it.