Q: Car kinda hesitates to start and it takes a second for it to pick up speed it feels like it jerks a little

First the car would start just fine anf drive perfect but after driving 25 30 minutes and i turn the car off and start it back up it wont start till it cools down.I just was on high way and it seems like it dosent wanna get power takes a second for it to catch up an speed up

Hi There, This may relates to a couple of different possibilities, however based upon the symptoms you describe, it sounds like you may have an ignition coil that may be failing. Ignition coils are coated with an insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched and then contracted repeatedly. The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This type of temperature cycling happens because every time you shut the engine off, the fan stops running, the coolant stops flowing and the temperature under the hood rises. Every time you start the engine again the coolant flows, the fans turn on, and the temperature drops. When this heat dissipates and is absorbed under the hood, it is trapped causing this cycling effect. Other components that contain heat sensitive materials include parts like fuel injectors, igniters, and some sensors. Any of these may be potentially subject to this same kind of heat cycling problem which can be very difficult to trace. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Car kinda hesitates to start and it takes a second for it to pick up speed it feels like it jerks a little