Q: Car producing a rattling sound

My car started to produce a rattling sound when the transmission is on drive while pushing the brakes. Could this be a damaged heat shield, damaged catalytic converter or something else? This is a recording of the sound if needed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/abeln32n19240f8/Recording%202.m4a?dl=0

A: Your 2015 Kia may use a brand new dual cutc...

Your 2015 Kia may use a brand new dual cutch transmission, which works differently than a traditional automatic transmission. That sound, combined with the conditions under which you hear it, makes me think you have a problem with your flywheel. If it’s a traditional automatic transmission, then it could be a problem with the flex plate or torque converter. Either way, to be sure that this problem doesn’t worsen, you should have the noise inspected by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic.