Q: My car is leaking from the bottom rear area from what I believe could be the gas tank or the evaporation 2011 Hyundai Sonata

asked by on March 08, 2017

My car is leaking from the bottom near the rear right tire but more towards the middle of the car. gas is leaking so I know it has to do with the gas tank or the evaporation emission canister.

Fuel is leaking from gas tank Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - yes, the evaporative emissions cannister is located at the rear, above the fuel tank, and could be leaking. The tank filler tube, and fuel pump (or lines) could also be leaking. Any of these could allow fuel to leak down to the bottom of the tank as you observe. I recommend a fuel tank leak inspection to determine where the fuel system is leaking and recommend a repair. This inspection is performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.