Q: wat is the cost to repair, engine oil pressure

asked by on May 14, 2016

Check engine oil pressure appears,wen driving it stops suddenly, and makes rattling noise,wat could it be and how much to repair....plz and thx.

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This is a common problem on this engine. The most common cause is a problem with the seal on the oil pump pick up. The seal goes bad and allows the oil to aerate causing low pressure. It can also be caused by a failing oil pump, or if the engine is worn out the oil pressure can be low due to worn out bearings. These all would need to be checked. I typically pull the oilman to inspect these components to see what is going on. This would need to be done prior to knowing what it would cost to repair. If you need to have this done, a certified mechanic can diagnose the cause of your oil pressure light and make the necessary repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr