Q: Check engine, battery, and oil light comes on and car stops.

I was driving home from work one day and when I pulled up to a stop sign my check engine, battery, and oil light came on. Nothing happened when I tried the gas pedal. I turned my car off and turned it back on with no problems and it ran fine. A few weeks later the same thing happened and its been happeneing more often. If I'm not fully stopped when it happens the car continues to slow down even if I press the gas and the rpm meter stays at 0. I checked the oil level and had the battery checked at AutoZone and both were good.

It sounds like you are having an intermittent charging system failure. I would recommend having the output of the alternator tested with a digital multimeter. You will want the alternators output to be around 14 volts or maybe just a little higher. Anything below 14 volts is a suspected faulty alternator. If the alternator is not charging the battery properly, this would explain the battery light and check engine light as many vehicles will set a check engine light in the event of a charging system failure. The oil light may be related as well but it would be difficult to tell without replacing the alternator first. Consider YourMechanic as a certified professional can come to your home or office to test the alternator for you.

3. Check engine, battery, and oil light comes on and car stops.