Q: Car losing water, but I don't see the leak.

My car is losing water, but I do not see it leaking on the ground. I have to add water each time I drive it. What's wrong with my car?

Hi and thanks for the question - it is a good one. Modern cooling systems work under different pressures and with so many hoses and auxiliary water pumps it can be hard to find a coolant leak. Factor in that some leaks will not occur when the car is sitting they will leak only when the car is under a load while driving, for example, the water pump. The solution here is to get a qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic. They will pressure test your cooling system with special equipment and locate the source of your leak. Get it taken care of quickly as possible and in the meantime don’t top the system off with just water be sure and keep antifreeze in the system this will prevent corrosion from building up.

3. Car losing water, but I don't see the leak.