Q: Crack in oil pan

asked by on February 05, 2016

My oil is leaking really bad to the point that there is no oil left in my car. I was told I have a crack in my oil pan.

Hi there. A crack in the oil pan will definitely cause a substantial leak on any engine. The most common leaks on this engine are the front and rear seals, but those are not typically too bad. If an oil drain plug or oil filter was left loose then this can occur. Typically a certified mechanic can tell right from the start where the oil is coming from. Some more difficult ones to tell would require a dye test to find the oil leak. If needed, they will also be able to replace your oil pan to have this issue resolved.