Q: 2014 Ford F150 getting system starter fault.

asked by on November 13, 2017

My truck, Ford F150 (2014) will not start. Last week, the truck was running fine, but the key fob wouldn't open the doors/remote start wouldn't work and the AC/Heat wasn't working either. The truck was just blowing air. We let it sit for a few days. Tried the key fob again and it worked, but when we try to start the engine, the truck won't start. There is no clicking... the lights come on, radio comes on, and air blows, but the truck won't start. We are getting a "Starter System Fault" error. We were told to run a Health Report to see what the diagnostics are- but we can't run that unless the engine is running.

This is a known issue with this generation Ford F-150 and your truck may have open recalls. Often times, this issue is related to the shift selection range sensor, which may also cause other problems related to the backup camera and reverse lights not coming on when the truck is placed into reverse. I would suggest contacting your local Ford dealership to determine if this is something that may be covered under an open recall.