Q: Air compressor has seized. Is the car still safe to drive?

Air compressor seized suddenly while I was driving. Cylindrical part fell off. Was driving slowly thank goodness in 25mph zone. Is my car still safe to drive?

A: Your car is not safe to drive since the air...

Your car is not safe to drive since the air compressor is operated by the same drive belt as the remainder of the engine (serpentine belt). Because the AC compressor has seized, this could cause the belt to lock up other components resulting in major engine damage. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair.