Q: Reduced Engine Power Light is on - 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD

Reduced Engine Power comes on when entering expressways but dosent happen during city driving. After pulling over and shutting truck off for 2 mins I'm able to go again and eventually the engine light will go away as well.

Hello. Reduced engine power is commonly caused by fuel flow restriction issues or fuel/air mixture problems. Some of the components that could be dirty or faulty include the fuel injectors, the throttle body, or the EGR system.

The best way to know for sure, especially if the Check Engine Light comes on, is to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, complete a Check Engine Light inspection to determine the exact issue.