Q: My vehicle displays the SVS light only for 10 seconds after I have run the car for a few kms at the start of the day. Is it a concern?

asked by on November 15, 2016

My vehicle displays the SVS light only for 10 seconds after I have run the car for a few kms at the start of the day. Post that the light disappears and I don't see it for the entire day. Is it still a concern

Hi there. If the engine service soon light (service vehicle soon - SVS) comes on for about 10 seconds and then shuts off and does not appear the rest of the day, then this is normal. The condition is the computer is doing a self diagnostics test to all of the electrical components to the vehicle and when the light goes out, the test passes as OK. This is nothing to worry about. The only time you need to worry about this light is if the light flashes while driving the vehicle or if the light comes on and stays on.