Q: I have a check engine on once a while when I hit a bump on the freeway and my echo goes away. Is it the motor mounts?

My check engine on goes on there and there when I drive and hit a bump then my echo mode goes off! Is it my front motor mounts

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the check engine light is coming on while going over bumps, then there is either a loose ground wire or a frayed wire on a sensor. Check all of the wiring to the sensors and all of the ground wires and see if they are loose or frayed. This will make them move around or come in contact with other components in the vehicle while driving at highway speeds and hitting bumps. Fix all wiring that is shorting to the chassis or any grounds that are loose. If you need further assistance with your check engine light coming on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.