Q: Gas leak by rear tire

I have a gas leak. There is gas on the ground by left rear tire.

A: Hi. A gas leak is never a good thing and it...

Hi. A gas leak is never a good thing and it needs to be repaired right away. If it is leaking near that tire, then the leak is typically in the filler tube. Typically, if it was the tube, then it would leak more when the tank was full and when filling the tank. This can be as simple as replacing the filler hose or tightening the clamp. If the leak is not there, then it may be an issue with the tank itself. The tank can easily fracture and cause this situation, which would require that the tank be replaced. If you plan on having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can inspect the fuel leak and do the necessary repairs.