Q: I own a 1991 Honda Accord LX and the radiator fan won't turn off even when I turn the car off. It will stay on until battery dies.

When I bought my 1991 Honda Accord LX I went home and noticed the fuze was pulled out for the radiator fan and I thought that's kind of strange so I put it back in and now the fan won't turn off even when I turn the car off. I bought the car a few months back and it was winter so I kept the fuse out but now it's getting warmer so I need to fix it. Please help

Hi there. It’s possible that one or two different issues are causing the cooling fan to not function correctly. The first would be that the cooling fan motor is damaged and needs to be replaced, while the other would be the cooling fan relay is damaged. Each of these repairs are different, so it would be difficult to give you an exact estimate on the repair. It’s also possible that the reason the previous owner removed the fuse was perhaps an electrical short exists which continually broke those fuses. The best thing to do first is to have one of our professional mechanics come to your location and complete a cooling system inspection; so they can determine what needs to be repaired on your Honda Accord.

3. I own a 1991 Honda Accord LX and the radiator fan won't turn off even when I turn the car off. It will stay on until battery dies.