Q: Code P0720 and truck does not shift normally.

Gear shift does not shift normally. I have to hold the overdrive button. A few days ago, the shifter would not shift out of 1st gear. The code it gave me was P0720 and all of the sevice lights came on when it first started doing this.

A: Hi there. The code that you are getting is ...

Hi there. The code that you are getting is for the output speed sensor of the transmission. I change quite a few of these as they are a common issue. I would have this replaced first and clear the codes. If the problem persists then you may have an internal transmission failure that is pending. If you are not comfortable with this repair I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and knowledge to do this.