Q: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction how to fix and where is it ?

asked by on April 05, 2017

I need to get my 1998 Mustang 3.8 V6 smogged but it won't pass due to a trouble code P0443 Which I was told could be a few different thing but all having to due with The Evaporative Emission Control System .First I was told the problem was either the Canister Purge solenoid or the Purge Valve .Its neither so I took it somewhere else and they ran a diagnostic whichs result was . Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction..

I would like to know where this is located and what to do to fix it? If someone could please tell me.

.I've have already payed for my tags but DMV says if I don't get a passed smog certificate in 3 months I will have to repay for the tags ect .I've been pulled over 2 times by the cops 1rst time was a verbable warning 2nd a written 1. So I need to get this taken care of but everyone wants too much money & everyone is telling me a different thing even after they see the diagnostic readout.

Hi there. The best advice I can offer is for you to complete one of two things. First, it would probably be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection so they can pinpoint what part of the EVAP system is causing your failed emissions test. If you decide you want to do this on your own, then it would be a good idea to purchase a service and repair manual for your Ford Mustang - so you can look at detailed diagrams and replacement instructions.