Q: My steering wheel seems as if it is bent over to the left about an inch or inch and a half

asked by on October 14, 2016

I just bought a 96 Chevy bertetta for 600$. while sitting in it (no plates or insurance yet) I noticed the steering wheel is visibly pushed over to the left a little. Im just wondering if this could be signs of steering column issues... Please help

You may have to have the whole steering column replaced including the steering wheel. The reason you will need to do this is your steering may be off quite a bit and it is probably not safe for you to drive while your steering wheel isn’t properly placed. There is another step we can take before replacing anything. You may want to check under your steering wheel to see if there are any brackets that may not be connected. If there this is the case you may just want to put them back in place and your problem will be fixed. I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and further investigate the steering issue.