Q: Gas not getting to the throttle body

asked by on February 17, 2016

No gas is getting to the throttle body. When gas is manually fed to the engine, it starts. The fuse and relay look good.

The problem could be a bad fuel pump, but I would start with checking the Inertia Cut Off Switch. This switch is in place to stop fuel delivery in the event of a collision, although they sometimes trip when you hit a hard bump. The switch on your vehicle is located in the passenger side kick panel. If the red button is up, the switch has tripped. Reset it by pushing it down with your finger until it clicks. A trained technician could easily diagnose this issue and get that fuel flowing again.