2010 toyota [corolla](/topics-corolla/) 1.8 [engine](/top...

2010 toyota [corolla](/topics-corolla/) 1.8 [engine](/topics-engine-toyota/) seems to sputter when i slow down to turn or slow to a stop sometimes Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Toyota? Is it an automatic ...

2010 toyota [corolla](/topics-corolla/) 1.8 [engine](/topics-engine-toyota/) seems to sputter when i slow down to turn or slow to a stop sometimes Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Toyota? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission? Automatic 231,000 approximately Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far? No not myself. Nothing yet?

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\*’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007 and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but together, we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly. May I ask whom I am chatting with today?

Sarah
Automotive Expert
Good morning Sarah, it's nice to meet you. Is the check engine light on when it's running?

No
Automotive Expert
Ok, thank you. I would start with a simple tune up. A new [air filter](/topics-air-filter-toyota/) and a set of [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-toyota/) may help, especially if you don't know when the last time the plugs were changed. It is possible there is an issue with the mass airflow sensor or the front O2 sensor, but since the light is not on, I would really start with the basics. Please let me know what else I can do to help

Tune up was done already a month agoSpark plugs changed
Automotive Expert
Ok in this case I would then have the mass airflow checked and the front O2 sensor. Ether can fail and cause this type of issue and not turn on the check engine light.

Ok ty
Automotive Expert
You're welcome.