Q: VDC light is on

The VDC off sign and a slip sign comes on the mechanic said they just changed the brakes and rotors and did a tune-up so I was wondering was that a major issue with those signs being shown in the dashboard and it's a 2005 Pathfinder Nissan that I just bought yesterday

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) light indicates that there is a fault with the traction control system in your vehicle. This may have happened while the brakes were being replaced. Your vehicle is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. VDC light is on