Q: How to reset check engine light on

asked by on November 15, 2017

My check engine light was on last month so after getting the code P0101 we change the air filter and the light turned off. After a month the check engine came on again and got the same code. We had already cleaned the mass airflow circuit but the light is still on. Should we go ahead and change the mass airflow circuit or reset it first and see if it comes on again. And how can we reset the check engine light on?

You should replace the mass air sensor for code P0101 and then have codes cleared by using an OBD2 scanner or have a mechanic clear them for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr