Q: Rough idle and hiccup back threw throttle body and causes smoke out breather

Hard to start...when it starts you cant push the gas pedal and it idled real rough..after a couple of secs it starts to stall out.......after it stalls its like it aint stoped completely and starts smoking threw air filter compartment

This is a common issue when what is called the idle air control valve is not working properly. This regulates air flow into the throttle body at idle speeds as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working correctly, it will cause the car to idle rough or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your stalling issue and help you repair it as necessary.

• Rough idle and hiccup back threw throttle body and causes smoke out breather