Q: Cars tries to crank, but will not start.

asked by on December 28, 2015

My car will not start, even though I know the battery is good. It tries to turn over, but never starts up.

If your battery is good that leaves you with 2 likely options. There could be a problem with the connections to the starter from the battery. It’s possible that a connection is either loose or badly corroded which will not allow the electricity to flow freely. The other possibility is that your starter motor is weak and needs to be replaced. I would ask for help from a mechanic to check over your starting system and find the cause of your no start issue.