Q: Q: Sunroof won't close all the way

My sunroof will open and close but just not all the way it stays open maybe an inch

Hello. A few different things may be going on. The first thing to do is make sure nothing is stuck in the crack or holding it open. This includes the track or the window itself. Make sure upon visual inspection that everything is aligned correctly and the window is sitting as it should. If everything looks physically find with the window, then there is an issue with the motor. You can inspect the linkage and gears that are responsible for moving the window back and forth. Make sure the gears are in good condition with all of their teeth intact. Also make sure the cables and linkage are aligned and undamaged. Inspect the components of the sunroof further and make the appropriate repairs.

3. Q: Sunroof won't close all the way