Q: Rough idle, its "studdering when i accelerate"

Hi random mechanic, I have a question about my car(2002 Ford Taurus V6 3.0 [8th vin # is a "U"])

Its symptoms: shuddering and lack of its complete horsepower when i drive/ idle the dash has a flashing "check engine" light when i accelerate, but is solid when i'm at idle.

I have replaced the following: All 6 spark plugs, wires, and the ignition coil.

What else can i do??

Hi there. This may be a sign of a failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often times results in the engine starving for air or fuel. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. This can also cause the engine to struggle to idle for the same reason. If you would like to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to replace the sensor.