Q: What precautions should I follow when using the Intelligent Key?

What precautions should I follow when using the Intelligent Key?

A: Your car’s Intelligent Key is a key, a rece...

Your car’s Intelligent Key is a key, a receiver and a transmitter. It functions as a remote to lock and unlock your doors, but it also ties into the car’s immobilizer system. Without it, you can’t go very far. It pays to be safe with your key. Here are a few precautions to follow:

1. Don’t strike or drop your Intelligent Key.

2. Don’t try to modify the key.

3. Do not get the key wet (submerged in liquid – it can stand up to a few drops of water

on its surface).

1. Avoid temperatures exceeding 140 degrees F (don’t leave it in direct sunlight in a closed car, for instance).

2. Keep your key away from magnets (they can erase the programming on the chip).

3. Keep your key away from anything that creates a magnetic field, including laptops, PCs and television sets.