Q: Car sputtering and stalling

After driving my vehicle for two miles, I parked it for about one hour. When I tried to start it, it sputtered and stopped. It seemed to me that it had some bad gas in it, or that the fuel pump or fuel filter were not working. After about 15 minutes, it started and I was able to drive to the gas station. I left the car running while I was fueling it, but it stalled on me. I tried to start it again, but it sputtered and stalled on me again.

A: A clogged fuel filter is a likely cause for...

A clogged fuel filter is a likely cause for your concern, but I would take a look back on your past maintenance as well. A weak ignition system or miscalculated air metering due to a faulty sensor or valve can also cause trouble. Have a mechanic, like the ones here at YourMechanic, look over these systems and diagnose your stalling issue.