My 2005 Altima has 2 thermostats. I just replaced both of...

Q: My 2005 Altima has 2 thermostats. I just replaced both of them about a week ago. Today my temp gauge keeps jumping from normal to

asked by on November 16, 2017

As do most of these mid 2000s Altimas I ran into a problem with my heater not working. So I replaced the 2 thermostats, radiator, cap, and coolant. Burped the system till there was no more bubbles coming out. Still no heat, but I did notice a good amount of water pooling under. I'm guessing it's my heater core. But still not sure. Anyways, a week later and out of no where my temp gauge is going up and then dropping back down to normal then back up and back down and so forth. Why is it doing this? I have been driving it for a week with no issues until now.

Hi Antonio. Thanks for sending in your question. I think your heater core is the reason why you’re having increased temperature issues. When the heater core gets clogged with debris (engine sludge usually) it restricts the flow of coolant throughout the system - and causes the heater to not work correctly. You should replace the heater core to resolve this issue.