Q: Can I put E85 in my truck?

When I bought my truck a few years ago the original owner said that he had switched the "computer system" so that it should take E89 instead. I know the truck does accept E85 gasoline. For a long time I only put in E89, after a few years though I put in E87 and it ran just as fine. Is there some type of device that I need to switch it up to be able to put in E85? Im assuming he had bought some type of device that hooked up under the steering column and switched it under there. I am certainly not in expert when it comes to this area. Im just curious what I would have to do to "switch it back" to whatever it had originally.

The last owner may have used an aftermarket computer programmer to alter the computer to only use regular fuel and not E85. If your gas cap says your truck is E85, it should be okay and you could try running on it, however, you may notice problems of lower power. If you notice any abnormal running conditions, then discontinue use.

3. Can I put E85 in my truck?