Q: Car knocking

asked by on February 13, 2016

My car is knocking very badly.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. These engines are known for having isolated rod bearing failures. In fact, there was a recall on 2011 and 2012 models for this issue. Rod bearings are used to hold and support the connecting rod to the crankshaft while still allowing movement. A failed rod bearing may not be the problem with your vehicle. There are many potential causes for your knocking sound. I suggest you have a trained professional inspect the engine noise and suggest an appropriate repair.