Q: P1404 check engine code showing and EGR pintle is .5

My check engine light is showing P1404. My mechanic says the EGR pintle should be .7 and above. Mine shows .5 - too low. He replaced the EGR value and OEM EGR and that didn't fix it. I'm not sure what all that means, but could you help me know what to do since he didn't fix it. The code still shows.

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a bad EGR valve. I usually remove the valve and inspect the ports for the EGR valve. If these ports are clogged then the problem will persist. It is possible that they did not clean it out right, or it may be a faulty part. If you need to have this looked at again, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to thoroughly diagnose and repair your Check Engine Light problem .

3. P1404 check engine code showing and EGR pintle is .5