Q: My car rolls back while in drive.

For the last 2 days, while sitting at a stpp light, I'll take my foot off the brake and when I go to push the gas my car will roll back a little. Yester when u lifted my foot and put it on the gas my car went with no problems. But today when I went to put my foot on the gas, the car jerk ed a little and the began to drive. It has almost 160,000 miles on it not ready for an oil change yet. Ve only have it for a week and a half. I'm not sure what would cause it to do this. It drives and shifts fine other than this new issue.

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car rolls back while in drive.