Q: Automatic transmission issues 2001 BMW X5

Diagnostics revealed : code 002 mechanical converter lockup clutch monitoring.code 003: gear monitoring 2.code 004: gear monitoring 1.code 005: gear monitoring 4.How do I resolve this issue,do I replace the transmission?Thank you your anticipated advise.

A: Hello - I would first check the wiring conn...

Hello - I would first check the wiring connector at the transmission for good contact and secure connection, and fuses for the transmission controller. It is possible that an internal speed sensor in the transmission has failed. I would recommend having the transmission fluid level checked (no dipstick) and the transmission diagnosed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.