Q: Won't Shift into drive, 2008 Pontiac G8

My car is having shifting problems, and it won’t go anywhere when I put it in Drive. But it goes into Reverse just fine. I checked my transmission level and it's good. I was thinking maybe it’s one of the sensors. But I've never had a problem with the transmission. I change the radiator fluid all the time. I put 2 new quarts of transmission fluid in my car, and was able to drive in Reverse fine and even in Drive. I put it in Park for 2 weeks, and it sat around. Then when I tried driving it again and put it into Drive it wouldn't go anywhere, but it went into Reverse just fine. I don't understand this. Do you have any thoughts or ideas?

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have an internal transmission problem that will require the transmission be rebuilt or replaced. A transmission that won’t go into any forward gear almost always indicates an internal mechanical problem as opposed to an electrical problem, like a sensor. I’m not sure if you have the 6L80E or 5L40E transmission, but my guess is that the problem is probably in the 1-2-3-4 clutch assembly. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the shifting issue firsthand, and advise you on the next steps.

3. Won't Shift into drive, 2008 Pontiac G8