Q: Do you have to remove the engine to replace timing chain cover gasket and water pump?

Timing chain cover gasket is dry and leaking some water. so is water pump.

Hi there:

In short, no; you don’t have to remove the engine to replace a timing cover gasket or water pump on a 2000 Ford Taurus. You should remove ancillary components such as the radiator and some other parts in order to have easier access to complete this job. The best advice I can offer is to either have a professional mobile mechanic from YourMechanic.com complete your timing cover gasket or water pump replacement or purchase a service manual for your 2000 Ford Taurus and follow their steps.

3. Do you have to remove the engine to replace timing chain cover gasket and water pump?