Q: The car's back rear wheel is bent as if it were hit in the back, which it was. Is the control arm damaged?

ok when i drive it if i go over 20 mph the back rear tire will pull then slide and i will have to recover the steering the steering is fine its just the back wheel pulls if i go over 20 mph a mechanic said it was just the control arm but i wanna make sure before i buy the part they said the control arm is bent could that result in the wheel being bent? you can tell when you take off the wheel that the rotor is crooked

If the control arm is bent, almost certainly the wheel will be bent first, not the other way around. If you jack up the rear, block the other wheels to be sure the car can’t shift or roll, put the car in neutral, and spin the tire/wheel by hand, that will confirm the wheel is bent. If you change the tire/wheel on the damaged corner of the car with a known straight wheel, and still get the same "pull/slide" behavior you describe, that would tend to confirm your mechanics recommendation.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having the car’s pulling symptom completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to confirm your mechanics diagnosis, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• The car's back rear wheel is bent as if it were hit in the back, which it was. Is the control arm damaged?