Q: I have a humming winning noise coming from I believe under the truck, only does it when moving..ideas??

asked by on October 03, 2016

The truck does need the hubs replaced, could this be the noise, we were also told it could be the u joints in the driveway shafts, just hoping it's not anything with the transmission itself.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If you are having problems in the hubs, then the front drive axle and transfer case may have issues. Have the noise checked and isolated by an expert if you haven’t already. Whining noise sounds like it is in the transmission. If you need a second opinion on the issue, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the cause of the noise and follow through with the appropriate repairs.