Q: Hello,can you please locate me the relay of the fuel pump of 2005 mini cooper.Thank you!

asked by on March 10, 2017

My question is,i cannot i cannot find the relay of the fuel pump.I found the fuse under the dashboard and its just find and ok.Well,i cannot find the issue until i haven't seen the relay.I hope and pray this is the culprit and not the fuel pump.Thank you!

P.S. Battery are new and engine cranks but it don't start...

My car has 104,000 miles.

The fuel pump relay is in the passenger compartment fusebox. It may be labeled F20. There is a possibility that the relay is soldered to the fuse panel in which case the board can be repaired with a generic relay, otherwise the entire board has to be replaced as an assembly. To diagnosis what you have, it will be much easier to just directly power the fuel pump (and test the the winding resistance to see if in spec) to rule the pump in or out as a fault. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a fuel pump and circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.