Q: Whining transmission when the brake pedal pressed down.

I hear a whining sound (not so loud) when its on gear (drive) not running. But if you release the break the sound will go off. I checked the fluid and its on the minimum line level. What is the probable problem with my transmission?

Hi there. It seems that the torque converter is not working properly and is creating a rotary flow. The stator clutch inside the torque converter could have failed. I recommend replacing the torque converter to the transmission if the vehicle begins to loose power on take off. Also there could be a damaged thrust bearing inside the transmission. When the bearing is loaded it tends to vibrate causing the whining noise. If you need further assistance with locating the whining noise in your transmission, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Whining transmission when the brake pedal pressed down.