Q: Blower motor only works on high and wont shut off

I recently replaced the blower motor control module and the 3 wire electrical connector that plugs into it because the old ones were melted and blower motor wouldnt work. Now the blower only works on high and will not shut off with climate controls turned off and ignition turned off. Any ideas?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jee...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jeep Grand Cherokee. The blower control module and connector got hot and burned from the blower motor drawing too much power. It should be replaced to fix this issue. Your A/C blower switch may also be bad or have a melted connector. I recommend replacing the blower motor before anything else is done. If you’d like to get this fixed, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the issue with your A/C and make the necessary repairs to your car.